Memo Regarding the World Faire
To: Leaders around the World
From: Judy Guarco, LLLI Conference Pizzazz Team
Re: The World Faire
Come one, come all to the Faire! By popular demand, "The World Faire" will return to LLLI's 19th International Conference, July 2-5, 2005, in Washington, DC!
"The World Faire" has become an increasingly popular event at our International Conference. A 'must-attend' event for all, it gives everyone a chance to travel around the world one table at a time. Held in the grand ballroom, The Faire will be filled with tables, each representing a different LLLI area, affiliate or Mother-to-Mother support group. The space on the table is used in a variety of ways to inform everyone about their little corner of the globe. As people arrive at the Faire they receive a passsport and travel the world one table at a time.
The success of the Faire
depends on participation of all Areas and Affiliates throughout the
world. We want to give conference registrants and their families a
glimpse of the entire globe -- and all the people in it who
are interested in breastfeeding. We need you to start planning your table now and let me know I can reserve you a spot! Here's some information to get your ideas and enthusiasm flowing:
When: The conference opens on Saturday, July 2. The World Faire will be held on Sunday evening July 3.
What: Your space is used to tell all about your corner of the globe -- the families that live there, mothers who breastfeed and how you reach them, items native to the area -- whatever you would like to share. It can be as simple or elaborate as you'd like to make it. Variety is what makes this evening so special!
- Breastfeeding Information. League Leaders love to look at breastfeeding pamphlets, meeting ideas and other LLL-related information. Show us your area's publications.
- Photos, posters, pictures -- of meetings, gatherings, mothers and babies and local scenery.
- Things to sell! This is my favorite part every time! Souvenirs and gifts from all over the world that I couldn't have found anywhere else. These should be things specifically from your area, and the proceeds benefit your home area or affiliate.
- Give away items. These are very popular with all ages.
- Table covering. Dress up your table with a tablecloth or some other kind of textile from your area. Native costumes are an idea, too!
- A sticker or an ink-stamp to stamp 'passports'. Everyone needs their passport stamped as a souvenir of their trip.
- People. Above all, we need representatives of your group at each table throughout the evening. This is a chance to meet one another and share the many things we have in common.
To run smoothly, this event requires planning. Please reserve your spot today!!
THE WORLD FAIRE SUNDAY EVENING JULY 3, 7:00 -10:00 pm
To reserve a table, please send us the following information:
Contact person for the Faire's name, address, and phone/fax/email
Please use our Contact Form and select "Education and Member Services."