La Leche League International
TECHNOLOGY ROOM 2005
The 2005 Conference featured our fourth Technology Room, where online
projects sponsored by LLLI and other LLL entities were highlighted.
This year many new features debuted and some familiar favorites returned
The 2005 Conference featured our fourth Technology Room, where online projects sponsored by LLLI and other LLL entities were highlighted. This year many new features debuted and some familiar favorites returned again.
You can still check out:
- Our Tech Room Blog (there are a number of interesting post-conference contributions)
- Our Conference Blogs, where our bloggers are sharing their post-Conference thoughts
- Our updated handouts, which are linked on the Leader pages of the LLLI site
The 2005 Technology Room showcased a demonstration of the La Leche League Community Network* (CN), a new interactive community for La Leche League Leaders. We signed on over 70 new CN members and took around 200 new profile photos at the conference!
Additional Technology Room Highlights
- A special pre-conference workshop on July 2, on integrating the Internet with your La Leche League life, was a real success. Participants left looking forward to trying the new software tricks and tips they learned! Our handouts are available to download, if you'd like!
- Demonstrations of and close-up looks at new programs.
- Handouts on a variety of Internet-related topics. We have uploaded all the handouts to the Leader pages of the LLLI site.
- A chance to meet Help Form volunteers and learn more about answering breastfeeding questions via email.
- A special online survey just for Technology Room visitors--almost 100 people responded!
- The opportunity to watch our online chats with conference speakers live on the big screen.
- See how Podcasts are created, first-hand and listen to interviews live.
- Help with your own LLL Web projects and opportunities to network with others doing LLL work via the Internet.
Couldn't make it to DC with us? Don't worry! Many of our virtual Conference activities are still available, including:
- "Podcasts" of interviews with conference speakers and other LLL representatives--let your computer, iPod or equivalent bring the conference to you! Check out the photo at right, of our podcast coordinator and Dr. Jack Newman during their podcast.
- Blogs--online journals from a wide variety of conference attendees--these are still going and are filled with posts about conference activities and post-conference reflections!!
- Candid conference photos--the collection is great!!
- A special Conference greetings
and comments Wiki for Leaders on the LLL Community Network
Virtual Conference Discussion*!
* The LLL Community Network is for LLL Leaders and Alumnae only. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for instructions for signing up.