LLLI Center for Breastfeeding Information
Journal Abstracts from 2002
Each month we feature information on a journal article of interest that was uploaded into the CBI bibliographic database. Here are the articles featured in 2002:
- January 2002: "A Comparison of the safety of cupfeedings and bottlefeedings in premature infants whose mothers intend to breastfeed"
- February 2002: "Evaluation of child care practices factors that affect the occurrence of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome: Interview conducted by public health nurses."
- March 2002: "Ecological study of effect of breast feeding on infant mortality in Latin America"
- April 2002: "Polychlorinated biphenyls and hexachlorobenzene in full-term neonates"
- May 2002: "Breast feeding after reduction mammaplasty performed during adolescence."
- June 2002: "The association between duration of breastfeeding and adult intelligence."
- July 2002: "A case-control study of the effect of infant feeding on Celiac Disease" and "Breast-feeding protects against Celiac Disease"
- August 2002: "Breast cancer and breastfeeding: collaborative reanalysis of individual data from 47 epidemiological studies in 30 countries, including 50,302 women with breast cancer and 96,973 women without the disease"
- September 2002: "Breastfeeding is associated with reduced perceived stress and negative mood in mothers"
- October 2002: "Infant feeding and blood cholesterol: A study in adolescents and a systematic review."
- November 2002: "Cholesterol and development: The RSH ("Smith-Lemli-Opitz) Syndrome and related conditions"
- December 2002: "Home versus hospital breastfeeding support for newborns: A randomized controlled trial"