LLLI Center for Breastfeeding Information
Journal Abstracts from 2003
Each month we feature information on a journal article of interest that was uploaded into the CBI bibliographic database. Here are the articles featured in 2003:
- January 2003: "Donor human milk versus formula for preventing necrotising enterocolitis in preterm infants: systematic review"
- February 2003: "Infant feeding with soy formula milk: Effects on the testis and on blood testosterone levels in marmoset monkeys during the period of neonatal testicular activity."
- March 2003: "Randomized clinical trial of pacifier use and bottle-feeding or cupfeeding and their effect on breastfeeding."
- April 2003: "Breastfeeding and the risk of hospitalization for respiratory disease in infancy."
- May 2003: "Contemporary trends in infant feeding research."
- June 2003: "Effect of Human Breast Milk on Urinary 8-Hydroxy-2'Deoxyguanosine Excretion in Infants."
- July 2003: "Infant growth and health outcomes associated with 3 compared with 6 mo of exclusive breastfeeeding."
- August 2003: "How many child deaths can we prevent this year?"
- September 2003: "Effect of lifetime lactation on breast cancer risk: A Korean women's cohort study"
- October 2003: "Morbidity in children born to women infected with human immunodeficiency virus in South Africa: does mode of feeding matter?"
- November 2003: "Can we make hospitals and the community baby friendly?"
- December 2003: "The real breastfeeding issue goes far beyond mere guilt.”