LLLI Center for Breastfeeding Information
Journal Abstracts from 2004
Each month we feature information on a journal article of interest that was uploaded into the CBI bibliographic database. Here are the articles featured in 2004:
- January 2004: "Nutritional and physiologic significance of human milk proteins"
- February 2004: "Compliance of present recommendations of fatty acids in formulas for term infants with the actual human milk fatty acid composition in different populations"
- March 2004: "Does Breastfeeding Protect Against Pediatric Overweight? Analysis of Longitudinal Data From the centers for Disease Control and Prevention Pediatric Nutrition Surveillance System"
- April 2004: "HHS Blueprint to Boost Breast-Feeding"
- May 2004: "Protective effect of breastfeeding against urinary tract infection"
- June 2004: "Opinions and Practices of Clinicians Associated With Continuation of Exclusive Breastfeeding"
- July 2004: "Suppressive effects of breast milk on oxidative DNA damage in very low birthweight infants"
- August 2004: "Risk Factors for asthma among children in Maputo (Mozambique)"
- September 2004: "Management of Hyperbilirubinemia in the Newborn Infant 35 or More Weeks of Gestation"
- October 2004: "Breastfeeding: Maintaining an irreplaceable immunological resource"
- November 2004: "Health Promotion Begins at the Breast"
- December 2004: "Breastfeeding Success among Infants with Congenital Heart Disease"