The Benefits of LLL Supporting Membership
There are multiple benefits of breastfeeding available for both mothers and babies, but did you know that becoming an LLLI supporting member can enhance those benefits? Mothers who are members of LLLI breastfeed longer because they have the information, education, support, and encouragement they need to enjoy the experience. Supporting Membership in LLLI is a real bargain when you consider the costs of not breastfeeding!
Savings Related to Breastfeeding
- Fewer doctor visits, prescriptions, and hospital stays, up to $1435 in the first year.*
- No need to spend money on formula and feeding supplies.
- For one month, the least expensive formula costs $134, the most expensive formula costs $491 a month.**
- The least expensive formula costs $402 for 3 months and $804 for 6 months.**
- To buy the most expensive formula for their babies, parents spend $1475 for 3 months and $2950 for 6 months!**
- Knowing you are giving your baby the very best is priceless!
Intangible Benefits of Membership
- Meet new people in your community.
- Gain self confidence as you learn from other mothers.
- Less worry and stress because baby is healthier.
- Satisfaction in knowing you are giving your baby the best.
- An investment in yourself and your child!
Tangible Benefits of LLLI Supporting Membership for Mothers
- Free copies of the LLLI Catalogue. (Online Version click here.)
- Access to monthly meetings, Group Library, and telephone help.
- Member discounts on conference fees.
Benefits of Supporting Membership for Your LLLI Group
- Increased funds to purchase new books for the Group Library.
- Helps Leaders stay up to date on the newest breastfeeding research and information, so they can help you get the most out of your breastfeeding experience.
- Supports La Leche League International in its mission to help mothers and promote breastfeeding in the United States and around the world.
- Ensures that breastfeeding support will continue to be available for other mothers!
What is an LLLI Supporting Membership?
- $25 La Leche League International Supporting Membership - This membership includes a discount in the LLLI Online Store and our LLLI e-newsletter, Breastfeeding Today in addition to the above listed benefits.
How Can I Join La Leche League International?
The best way is to join through a local Group, so that funds will be available in YOUR vicinity to help mothers and babies. To join your local Group, phone a La Leche League Leader in your area. Most local LLL Groups can be found by looking at the La Leche League International Web Index page.
Phone La Leche League International at 847-519-7730 during regular business hours from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Central time. Within the USA, you may also send your name, address, and Membership level amount to:
La Leche League International
957 N. Plum Grove Road
Schaumburg, IL 60173
Outside the US, either contact LLL in your country, or write to the above address for further information.
* Ball, T.M., Bennett, D.M. The evidence for breastfeeding. Ped Clin NA 2001; 48:1.
** Costs reflect Chicago area prices in September 2002