Three Cheers for the 2003 World Walk for Breastfeeding!
From: NEW BEGINNINGS, Vol. 21 No. 2, March-April 2004, p. 59
Thanks to all for the hard work and great effort put in to the 2003 World Walk for Breastfeeding. Because of all the events scheduled in communities around the world, so many more people are aware of the valuable services of La Leche League Groups and Leaders. The Walk is one of the most fun and persuasive ways to make the public aware of La Leche League.
As a fundraiser, the Walk once again brought in money to many LLL Groups as well as to LLLI. This money helps the organization and local Groups continue to help mothers to breastfeed their babies and reach out to future mothers.
Many thanks to all who participated. Three cheers for a Walk well done!
- The 1st Grand Prize winner received full registration, round trip airfare or train fare, and hotel accommodations for the 2005 LLLI Conference in Washington DC, USA.
- The 2nd Grand Prize winner received full registration, round trip airfare or train fare, and hotel accommodations for the 2005 LLLI Conference in Washington DC, USA.
- The 1st Prize winner received a $500 scholarship for any LLL educational event or professional books.
- 88 Walkers earned more than $350 and received an autographed copy of THE WOMANLY ART OF BREASTFEEDING. 47 Walkers received a copy of BECOMING A FATHER. 52 Walkers received $25 LLL gift certificates.
- A randomly selected Walker from the LLL Zanesville, Ohio Group will receive a $100 LLL Library.
- One randomly selected Walker from each of the following Groups received a specially designed LLLUSA silver pendant on a sterling silver chain.
LLL Panama City, FL
LLL Ballwin, MO
LLL HIlliard, OH
LLL Germantown, WI
LLL Bristol BAby, AK
LLL Loganville, GA
LLL Scituate, MA
LLL Hope Mills, NC
LLL Cookeville, TN
LLL New Paltz, NY