Inclusivity and Outreach
The INCLUSIVITY AND OUTREACH COMMITTEE is a Standing Committee authorized by Article VIII Section 2 of the Bylaws and is herein commissioned by and responsible to the Board of Directors of La Leche League International for:
advising the Board of Directors and making recommendations aimed at increasing inclusivity and outreach throughout La Leche League so that all the functions of the organization may be effectively and efficiently carried out in conformity with established policies and procedures of LLLI.
The development of specific actions may be assigned to the Committee or other appropriate League bodies by the Chair/Co-Chairs of the Board of Directors.
This Committee shall:
- advise the Board of Directors and make recommendations aimed at increasing inclusivity and outreach throughout La Leche League;
- serve as a hub for the sharing of information (on the part of Leaders with the Board and on the part of the Board with Leaders) regarding underserved communities, possible methods of outreach and opportunities for inclusivity/outreach education;
- submit annual lists of objectives;
- evaluate the implementation of objectives annually;
- meet as needed throughout the year;
- create and supervise subcommittees as needed with the approval of the Chair/Co-Chair of the Board.
(May 2018, Mar 19)