LLLI Board Member Statement of Committment
1. I continue to support the LLLI vision, mission, purpose, and philosophy. I agree to represent La Leche League as a LLLI Board member in accordance with the LLLI Bylaws and policies.
2. I will act in the interest of LLLI, and not in my own interest or that
of another person or entity.
3. Recognizing the importance of board unity, I agree to publicly support LLLI Board decisions, Board members and executive management in their LLLI roles. I commit to keeping LLLI Board work confidential until appropriate for disclosure outside of Board meetings.
4. I have read and will abide by the LLLI Bylaws and Policies and Standing Rules
5. I understand that LLLI Board membership requires attendance at face-to-face meetings as well as regular online meetings. I commit to attend all meetings unless I give notice of the need to be absent for good cause. My LLLI Board obligations will be a priority in my life. I will contribute financially to the work of LLLI during the year and will participate in fundraising and funding development activities.
6. I have reviewed and will comply with the World Health Organization’s International Code of Marketing of Breast Milk Substitutes and subsequent WHA resolutions (Code) and the LLLI policies relevant to the Code. I confirm that I will meet my obligations as specified in the Code and that I have no undisclosed conflicts of interest regarding the Code. I have also signed the LLLI Conflict of Interest policy as copied below.
7. I am open to feedback from LLLI Board colleagues about my participation and commitment.
8. If anything should occur during the year that would prevent me from positively contributing to the LLLI Board or fully supporting LLLI Board decisions, I will talk to a member of the Executive Committee about my circumstances and explore options to serve the best interests of LLLI.
(original date unknown, added to PSR Apr 16, rev Apr 17)