Content in this section is restricted to LLL Leaders. Please login to obtain access.
Having a Pre-Application Dialogue
Helping others become LLL Leaders is one of the five basic Leader responsibilities. If you haven’t worked with a Leader Applicant before or if it’s been a few years, read Helping Others Become Leaders, Chapter 5 in the revised Leader’s Handbook. It explains what needs to be covered during the pre-application phase and discusses your role as supporting Leader during the application period.
Below are the documents you will need for the pre-application discussion. Be sure to discuss the LLLI Prerequisites to Applying for Leadership and the ten concepts in detail before filling out the Leader Recommendation form and sending the Application form to potential Applicant. If you have any questions or concerns about recommending this person, consult the Coordinator of Leader Accreditation (CLA) for you Area.
Leader’s Pre-Application Packet
What to share and discuss with the potential Applicant:
- Thinking About LLL Leadership (Jan 2021)
- Concept Explanations (PSR) (April 2021) – online version
- Concept Explanations (PSR) (April 2021) – PDF version
- Applying for Leadership (PSR) (Feb 2020)
- Overview of Application Work For Leader Accreditation (Oct 2019)
- La Leche League Purpose, Mission, Philosophy (Jan 2021)
- Pre-Application Guidelines For Leaders (Feb 2020)
- Leader Accreditation Appeals Procedures (LLLI PSR) – revision in process
These two forms are generic LADI versions. Please contact the Leader Accreditation Department for your Area to receive the local versions of the forms.
During the Application Period
The LAD representative assigned to the application will send you all the resources needed for the Applicant’s preparation for leadership. These documents are also available online: Leader Application Resources.
The following additional optional resources may help you and the Applicant stay motivated and focused on application work. Use them if you think they will be helpful. Feel free to adapt them.
- Leader Applicant Meeting Outline (April 2021)
- A Sample Application Plan (May 2021)
- Leader Applicant Progress Checklist (May 2021)
- LARK Checklist Summary (April 2021)