Feed Yourself, Feed Your Family – A Blueprint for a Lifetime of Healthy Meals
Good Nutrition and Healthy Cooking for New Moms and Growing Families
From pregnancy to breastfeeding through weaning and beyond, the comprehensive one-stop nutrition and cooking guide to nourish the whole growing family with healthy and delicious meals.
Featuring more than seventy-five easy-to-make and delicious recipes, sanity-saving, mom-tested advice, and vital information about your nutritional needs when pregnant, nursing, or weaning, Feed Yourself, Feed Your Family helps you set your family on a course for a lifetime of healthy eating. Focusing on the five basic nutritional stages between birth and the time when your baby takes a seat at the family table, and with an emphasis on organic, unprocessed foods, this invaluable resource offers:
- Nutrition-packed, kid-pleasing recipes – including make-ahead, no-cook, one-handed, on the run, or sit-down meals.
- Facts on how a mother’s diet affects her milk (and baby’s tastes).
- Perfect energizing foods to support busy new parents learning a new way of life.
- Pantry- and fridge-stocking suggestions for simple meals in minutes.
- The best organic and shortcut foods in every grocery aisle, from fresh to frozen.
- Tips and nutritional information for safely shedding pounds while breastfeeding.
- Fun ways to get children involved in the kitchen and invested in the food they eat.
- Candid, reassuring stories from parents like you.
Available from all major booksellers.