The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding – 8th Edition
Diane Wiessinger, Diana West, and Teresa Pitman
La Leche League International no longer ships our books directly from our office. If you would like to order any of them from an independently owned bookstore based out of the USA, via phone or the internet, then we recommend contacting Quail Ridge Books near our offices in Raleigh, NC, USA at +1 (919) 828-1588. They have all of our books in stock and will work with you whether this is a gift or for personal use.
La Leche League International’s classic bestselling guide providing a range of nursing information, ideas and stories – from preparation during pregnancy to the world of weaning, from nursing positions to expressing and storing your milk. This ultimate support resource offers:
- Real-parent wisdom on breastfeeding comfortably – from avoiding soreness to simply enjoying the connection with your baby.
- Simplified insights into approaches for latching and attaching.
- The ages and stages of a nursing relationship.
- Reassuring information on nursing after a C-section or delivery complications.
- Strategies for breastfeeding, for a few days to a few years.
- Scientific data demonstrating the importance of breastfeeding to lifelong health.
- Helpful tips for building your support network.
- Nursing special-needs, premies, multiples, and adopted babies – and how to thrive no matter what curveball life throws.
- Guidance on knowing if your baby is getting enough milk, increasing your supply, sleep, day care, solids, colic, food allergies, medications, and more.
- “Tech support” help for sudden problems like engorgement, jaundice, plugged ducts, and much more.
- Answers to the most-asked questions and to questions you didn’t know you had.
There is no better beginning for your baby than The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding.
The Womanly Art also contains a ‘Tear-Sheet Toolkit’ – because sometimes you don’t need a whole book!
You can read or download it here:
Available from all major booksellers.
Order the Womanly Art of Breastfeeding in the following languages by clicking on the links below:
Order the audio version of the Womanly Art of Breastfeeding in American English by clicking on the link below:
Audio American English